The free online action RPG based in the Marvel Universe, celebrates one year of updates and additions with the launch of Marvel Heroes 2015. Check out all the new content additions coming with this update.
- Battle of Muspelheim Raid: Finishing up the Asgard content is the addition of the first epic Raid in Marvel Heroes. This new end-game raid lets up to 10 players journey into the fiery depths of Surtur's lair and fight against waves of enemies, culminating in a final boss battle against the archenemy of Odin and Thor, Surtur himself! Standing at over 1,000 feet, Surtur presents a brand new challenge and will tower over players with his giant eternal sword, Twilight.
- Omega System: New alternate advancement system
- Daily Shared Quests: Aptly named server-wide shared quests
The Marvel Heroes 2015 launch is just the beginning. Every month, Gazillion unveils new heroes, costumes, modes, and improvements. Throughout the rest of June, Gazillion has additional releases scheduled, including:
- Achievements: Account-wide and hero-specific achievements
- Login Rewards: A system that rewards dedicated players
- Silver Surfer: New playable hero
The launch of Marvel Heroes 2015 also demonstrates and reiterates Gazillion's commitment to delivering yet another astonishing year of expansion, improvement, and community interaction.
"Marvel Heroes has grown and dramatically improved since launch," said David Brevik, CEO, Gazillion. "And now Marvel Heroes 2015 showcases just how far we've come and how far we plan to go. We truly believe – and I'm confident our incredible community and the press will back this up – Marvel Heroes 2015 is one of the most improved titles of all time. In one year, the game has expanded at a pace that rivals or exceeds any other iterative release on Earth, be it a sports title, office productivity or next year's car model. You will be hard-pressed to find a developer more demonstrably committed to its game than Gazillion, and we have so much more coming right around the corner."
Since launch, the Marvel Heroes roster has expanded to 34 playable heroes with fan favorites such as Psylocke, Human Torch, Gambit, Loki, Doctor Strange, Nightcrawler and Ghost Rider joining the fight. Player feedback became reality and manifested itself in the form of new game modes and features, including: the alternate advancement Omega System, Raids, PvP, a revised store, improved starting lineup, Eternity Splinter in-game currency, X-Defense, Holo-Sim, and Team-Ups, where players can recruit favored heroes to fight alongside them.
"The Marvel Universe is constantly growing and Marvel Heroes has grown right along with it," said T.Q. Jefferson, Marvel Entertainment's Vice President of Production, Games. "Marvel Heroes 2015embodies what fans and players love about our comics and games. It's exciting to see what Marvel Heroes 2015 will do next."